Friday, December 4, 2009

New to blogging like this.

I am going to try to use this blog site to try and "jot" down ideas, recipes, book reviews, and other things. I want to be able to save some ideas into one spot. I don't know if it will be of any help to anyone else, but I am basically doing this for me. I hope to encourage anyone that may stop by. If no one stops by that is ok too. I want to be able to jounal my thoughts and ideas. So, I am going to start with an easy recipe today. This recipe is from my friend Jeannie B. Hope you enjoy it.
Low fat, low calorie, 2 ingredient cake!

1 box of devil's food cake mix
1 15 oz (I think - small can) of pure pumpkin

Stir the 2 together until fairly smooth (very thick!). Put into a lightly greased square cake pan, smooth out the top & bake for 25-30 mins at 400 degrees. That's it!!! It's like a moist brownie -- so next time I'm adding a 3rd ingredient, chopped walnuts! It doesn't need any icing, but I tried butter icing & my cousin used Cool Whip topping.

I made this the other night, and the boys and I thought it was great. I think walnuts would be good in it too! I also would like to try Cool Whip on it also.

In the next few days, I hope to get some of our favorite holiday recipes put on here. Maybe it will be something someone will enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment