Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The post that I forgot in the drafts.

Last night, Dan was playing basketball with some teens at open gym. (He has been doing this at our church a few weeks now and loves it.) One of the teens went up to shoot the ball and Dan was behind him trying to block the shot. Somehow, Dan came down and the boy came down on top of Dan. It bent his left knee in toward his right knee. He then iced it for a bit and went back to playing P-I-G with some of the kids. He went to shoot the ball and heard a loud "POP". He said the next thing he saw was the ceiling lights. When he came home it was all swollen. So we elevated it, iced it, and took some Tylenol. This morning it was swollen worse, so we went to the doctor. The doctor said his ACL was fine, but the 2 ligaments on either side of his knee were probably torn. He also said that Dan has fluid in the joint and if it isn't better next week, he will have to drain it. He sent us for x-rays to make sure that nothing is fractured, for a knee brace, and a prescription. Dan is now in bed with his knee up and hopefully, sleeping.
Yesterday, I was able to get a lot done. I made 4 loaves of bread(2 for the freezer), 1 very large batch of cinnamon rolls(put some in the freezer), 3 loads of laundry, did some cleaning, worked with Samuel, and a few other odds and ends. I again didn't take all my meds yesterday and did fine until last night. I couldn't sleep, but was up at 4am. So, today, I am feeling a bit of a headache. I am taking some meds, but I am going to try and not take as many.
Tonight it is marinated flank steak, baked potatoes, corn on the cob(from our garden via the freezer), and homemade bread. After that maybe some games and/or a movie. Noha has exams tomorrow and Thursday. He isn't real concerned about them. Doesn't even want to study, but I told him he had too. He has mostly A's and a couple of B's and hasn't studied one time this year. He brought home a beautiful clock today that he had made in Industrial Arts. I will try to post pictures tonight or tomorrow.
Heard a great quote today. IF you are not happy with what you have. you will not be happy wih what you THINK you need~Socrates.

No comments:

Post a Comment