Monday, January 11, 2010

A Good Day


Today I have felt better than I have in weeks. I actually cut back on some of my meds yesterday. I think they are to blame for the unbelievable grogginess. I didn't take all of my meds at bedtime and I think that is why I haven't been able to function during the day, sleep til late, start waking up about 2 in the afternoon, and then being awake until 3 or 4 in the morning and then doing it all again the next day. So, I am going to try and limit my meds at bedtime for a few days and see how it goes.
Yesterday was my birthday. I felt ok for the first part of the day. Dan made pancakes for breakfast, but I was unable to eat them. Then for lunch we had meatloaf, mashed potatoes, mac and cheese. We then went to my moms for cake and pecan pie. I went to Sunday school and church in the am, but after a 4:30 meeting with the youth pastor, I was unable to stay for the evening service.
So far the month is going good with the no spending. Dan is the "bad" one:-) Mondays are the worst because he doesn't come home until around 8 or 9 pm. So, he kind of needs to eat before then. I was able to finish the once a month cooking on Saturday with Dan's help. Tonight was Beef enchiladas and rice. Not sure what we'll have tomorrow. Maybe Marinated Flank Steak...hmmm.
I am trying not to do too much today, even though I am feeling pretty good. I have done schoolwork with Samuel, done some laundry, and cleaned a little. I am going to make some bread in a bit. I would like to make some cinnamon rolls. We'll see how much I can get finished.
Samuel is once again trying to get a cold. He is still taking his elderberry and I think that is helping him from not getting really sick. Hopefully he will get better soon. He has just felt kind of crummy today. I almost wish he'd just get sick and get it over with. He just hasn't felt good for several days. He runs a fever off and on,, tired and has a runny nose. What we really need is some fresh air and sunshine. I'll have to see about getting him some vitamin D. He doesn't drink milk at all, so maybe that is something he needs.
He is really loving his guinea pig though! He has been very responsible with her. He named he Fluffy :-)

1 comment:

  1. Thrilled that you're feeling better! Oh how I hope it lasts!!!!!!!!!!
    Know that your family is always in my thoughts and prayers!
    Isaiah 53:4-6 ¶Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed. All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.
    Prayer Bears
    My email address

    ReplyDelete