Thursday, February 11, 2010

Today the neurosurgeon's MA called me back. I am scheduled to meet with him in the morning to discuss what is next and how we are going to proceed. She said that even though the tubing is clear, the shunt could've stopped working. He just wanted to make sure that it wasn't just the tubing clogged that was causing the problem. If it was the tubing that was clogged, then he could've just replaced that. So, tomorrow I will find out what is the plan.
I am scared about having another shunt put in, but I know that I have to do whatever it takes to save my vision. My hair is finally long enough to pull into a decent ponytail. I am not being vain, but I really don't want to lose my hair again. But, if I do, I will put on a smile and act like it doesn't bother me and everything is fine.
I am going to try and get my months grocery list done so I can get the groceries tomorrow. I am hoping to cook all day either Saturday or Monday when Dan is here so he can help. It is easier on me when he helps.
Noah was supposed to have Monday off, but since they have used all or almost all of their snow days, they are going to make one up on Monday. I would rather him have to go to school on President's Day than to have to go further into summer. He has been home all week because of all the beautiful snow we had fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment